-   Sketch board (
-   -   Matte painting Sketch (

adornanimation 04-08-2010 12:56 AM

Matte painting Sketch
Hello.. all....

This is my new matte painting sketch...

kaustavsinha 04-08-2010 11:27 AM

Hi adornanimation, :)

The sketch is looking good; I like the region where, the birds are flying! :) I guess, you've composited a Sky photo in the sketch, isn't it? The mountain at the center, is not helping the composition; you might want to reduce it's height, which will prevent the blockage that, the mountain was causing! Also, take a-lot of care about the Light & Shadow region in your sketch; currently, it's not getting much attention to! Lastly, try to create some interesting shapes with the mountain ranges! Will wait for more Matte-Painting sketches!

adornanimation 04-08-2010 11:40 PM

thank you Kaustav Sinh ... first off all am started matte painting now.... this sketch is my first paint .. .. i will change that what u hav mentioned.. I just know the lighting .. but am nt getting perfect shadows... am trying..
I like your comments thank you once aging giving me tips :}

adornanimation 04-09-2010 02:28 AM

Here Is one updated please see it and share me wid ur tips...:)

Alex Jenyon 04-09-2010 07:43 AM

Please don't post the same images twice in two different sections - I know you want to get comments, but it just confuses things.

In terms of this image, I think you are seriously in need of some reference material - have a look at what mountains ACTUALLY do when the sun is behind them, not what you THINK they might do...

A backlit mountain range looks something like this:

Note that this image has already been heavily post-processed, and is on the border of looking 'real', but it will give you some pointers for how to work with haze, sunsets and silhouetted mountains.

Hope that helps

adornanimation 04-09-2010 11:06 PM

Srry.. for posting same image in different areas... i need to improve my mattepainting skill... thats why.. i did it... thank you for the ref img...