MattePainting.Org

MattePainting.Org (http://mattepainting.org/vb/index.php)
-   Supernatural (http://mattepainting.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   mushroom (http://mattepainting.org/vb/showthread.php?t=6753)

Noha 10-12-2010 10:26 AM

mushroom

with mushroom modelled on 3dmax and returned Vray… i'v tried to produce a supernatural composition…Hope u like...
Noha

Noha 10-12-2010 10:48 AM

link of mushroom image

Hope u like.
Noha

Charles B 10-13-2010 09:29 PM

Done take another persons work and pass it as your own, even if you slightly modify it!

Noha 10-14-2010 09:04 AM

Hi :)

SIR; If u r talking about the scene with the flying object, yes i have added some elemnts to the scene , the purpose was to have a scene with an element that was made and animated on 3D max...i m sorry if it brings problems... :)

Mushrooms are my one creation...and i insist...:)

For The museum of London...i was inspired from works done before...but mine is different...even the framing of the origin image is not the same, it's different from others.
All that i've done in 3D are my works too...and i think that when we are inspired from sth that exists before...it is not a big problem...right or not?

I m still learning 3d and matte painting, i will be thankful if u make some instructive remarks...
Better thanks
Noha :)

thyn 10-14-2010 10:14 AM

I think it was referred to the obvious use of Dylan Cole's mp for the Narnia movie...

nickmarshallvfx 10-14-2010 10:50 AM

Yeah thyn has got it, I am pretty sure that is what the comment was referring to. Under absolutely no circumstances can you use other peoples work that you were in no way involved in as part of your demoreel. It is misleading and the sort of thing that can get you blacklisted.
You can do works inspired by other people, like the museum scene, but when you start actually taking elements of other peoples work and passing it off as your own, you are more likely to find a lawsuit than a job...

That said, your 3d skills are clearly more developed than your matte painting. The matte paintings have a lot of soft matte edges and perspective mismatches and fall down in a lot of other areas too (lighting consistency, colour matching, depth cueing etc), whereas your architectural models look actually quite good. You might have more luck looking for an environment TD position than matte painting. They cross over a lot, but enviornment TD work tends to be more focused on working in 3D than the matte painting.

Noha 10-14-2010 05:35 PM

Thank you for every detail that u mentioned...
I deleted the video because i don't want to have, or to bring problems, i will modify every think that was personal, ( it was only a detail in my video, I ask you to excuse me for this).

The Title of this thread was : mushroom...and i keep only that...

Noha

halen 10-14-2010 11:17 PM

.. and please use personal avatar too. That one is too confusing.

nickmarshallvfx 10-15-2010 01:43 AM

Don't be put off from posting here. I think you were right to remove the video, as using other peoples work and passing it as your own is very frowned upon here, but you have some examples of nice work in there too that I beleive are your own, so it would be good to see more of that stuff, and see how it can develop.
I think the best thing to do would be for any new pieces you create, start a thread in the 'work in progress' section of the forum and let the member here give you advice as you go. That way you can get some good insight before you have finished, when it is easier to make changes.

Hope to see more soon,
N

Noha 10-15-2010 10:12 AM

For Halen, i think that we are free to use the avatar that we want...and plz stop saying: 'and please use personal avatar too'...as if every think that i used was not personal...

For nickmarshallvfx, thank you for ur advices...but i prefer to eclipse; this trick has never been in my practices to be attacked, nor badly judged, although i 've asked to excuse me, for the work that was personal and i didn't have to put it in my demoreel...

Acuses that i received were general, especially this influenced many people (even in the choice of my avatar they did remarks),it is absurd, I did not like this… especially that I liked that we pay more attention for my other works....

That think don't encourage me…

I thank you despite everything...

Noha