View Single Post
How Much is Real?
(#1)
Old

Default How Much is Real? - 01-24-2005, 11:55 AM

Hi Everyone,
I have been browsing this forum for awhile now, and have several questions but I will start with this. When I look at some of this work I often wonder how much is real and how much reference is used and how much is painted and etc..., I am a somewhat newbie to this art form I am a "traditional" line art artist and oil painter. I know Photoshop I use it everyday at work) I have bought several gnomon videos and study art all the time. When I started out this world of digital media was not at my expense, I use an Intuos3 6x8 tablet now and have become comfortable with it. But again how much ref should I use?
A question for the "pros" I have is when they give you a shot to work on do you have photos of the scenery and concept art to work with? I see these illustrious buildings being presented on here that I say to myself..."There is NO WAY they could have painted that!" and even if they did they had to of used some part of another building to acheive that.
Any Insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I want to continue my quest in this field and I feel I have the talent, I am just lacking some final knowledge on the subject matter.
I hope I make sense and I hope some of you can help me.
Thanks for reading.
RayL