Thread: Greeble
View Single Post
(#11)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to Defonten
Default 05-16-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Then I made a multi-sub material using 50 slots for building sides and the next 50 slots for roofs and assigned that one material to the mesh. Setting up the material was a bit manual and tedious but in the end it seems to work okay. I'd like to be able to control the height of the builldings by a greyscale map to create city enters and also control the density with another. I woull also like to scatter water towers and air con etc on top of the buildings too which should be fairly simple to do with scatter.

I'll see if Grant has time to help me out.
That would be great! That's where I'm stuck the most - to randomly sort IDs for roofs and for buildings along the whole city. Its definitely not the thing to be done by hand.. As I lamely understand it the script

1. Distinguishes top\side geometry based on the normal direction relatively given ground plane.

2. Divides total number of Rooftop and Wall polys by 50 resulting in approximately 30 or 40 same buildings scattered randomly around the city (wall combinations and roofs may vary though).

May sound quite lame but I try to understand the way it works ) Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!