View Single Post
my first proj mapping
(#1)
Old

Default my first proj mapping - 04-26-2012, 03:38 AM

Hi all
would appreciate any thoughts on this one.
This is my first attempt at a projection mapping scene with camera move, so my apologies if theres anything really dumb here :-)
have almost finished cleaning up my model.....about to move onto setting up the projection camera etc and moving into photoshop.....but as this is my first attempt at a projection, im kind of learning as i go - plus im totally self taught, which makes it slower.
im a little worried that my camera move is too extreme....im imagining that there will be loads of geometry that the projected painting wont hit from the projection....like the back side of the temple_mountain.
added some shots as below - reeeaaally appreciate any thoughts or tips that might save me confusion or wasted time.
also im thinking the way i painted the temple_mountain in the middle of the concept is going to be a nightmare, so may have to change that whole hill into more of a rocky hill, in the concept it is very "conceptual" with loads of spears and abstract shapes.

heres my concept painting:

heres the concept_cam - modelling phase:

heres the first frame of the camera move:

heres a frame from about half way along the camera move:

heres the final frame of the camera move:

and heres a view from the persp_cam to show the overall layout of the scene: the camera
move rakes drom right to left along that bottom edge- then raises a bit to show an elevated shot of the temple and lava falls.