MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Showcase > Artists Showcase
Reload this Page Blade Runner
Artists Showcase Final, Finished Work Only (NO WIP, NO Critique)

(#11)
Old

Default 03-27-2005, 11:02 AM

I'd really like to see this version you speak of. Sounds good. I hope they release it on a new dvd.
At that time that movie really had a huge effect on artists. Started seeing it in music videos etc. Really had an influence. Thats when you know you've done something significant.
I would love to see a film similar if not better down the road with that same "dangerous eroticism" look to it. Just more pronounced than blade runner. Not to mention an amazing score. I love Vangelis! Greek! wooot!

It would be awesome to see up close some old matte paintings created like it used to be especially Syd Mead's my god. I'm envious! What sucks though is most of this kind of creative work is owned by big studios and won't be shared with the public. While reading The art of John Berkey I found myself to be displeased to read that most of his work belongs to other people and didn't have the rights to display it for himself. Thats how it is I guess.

+smooth+
(#12)
Old

Default 03-27-2005, 11:09 AM

Great story, Rick! Its those cool happenstance stories that never tire of hearing. To see the original Bladerunner matte paintings is thrilling!
There is still something electrifing seeing a real painting than looking at one on someone's monitor at a digital one. I was able to get a tour of Illusion Arts and was lucky enough for Bill to show me some of Al Whitlock's paintings that hey had. That was a priceless moment for me.

Cheers,
-Eric