MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Showcase > Sketch board
Reload this Page BlueFlame's Sketchbook
Sketch board Quick Sketch, Original Digital Painting ...

BlueFlame's Sketchbook
(#1)
Old

Default BlueFlame's Sketchbook - 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM

Hello,

I'm pretty new to mattepainting.org and I'm a pretty new matte painter lol but I'm learning. Any comments anyone leaves is greatly appreciated :) I will probably have a painting in the WIP forum quite soon, but here are some unrelated concepts.
(#2)
Old

Default 03-24-2010, 11:43 AM

These were concept sketches for a joint project I'm working on in order to make a demo reel. A classmate of mine is building the ship and platform and I am responsible for the matte painting. I think I'm going with the first one.

(#3)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha Send a message via Skype™ to kaustavsinha
Default 03-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Hi BlueFlame, :)

Welcome to MattePainting.Org! :) I personally like the second concept sketch; it has a better composition than the first! The color scheme used in it is pleasant & cool; the environment is interesting! :) One thing I'm a-bit confused about is, whether the BG, a water or a sky?

Kaustav Sinha
(Matte Painting Producer & Casting Director)

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net
(Founder/Administrator : CG Universe)

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"
(#4)
Old

Default 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM

Thanks Kaustav :)

I like the second concept too... it just seems like the focus is pretty central, I dunno. I might try changing it up a little bit. I'm not sure what that is lol it was in my head so I painted it ^.^ when I was done I actually called the guy I was working with over and asked him what it was. He thinks its ice, I dunno lol I think the background is a sun behind some hazy clouds and the floor could be dense fog... I might have to rethink my choice, now I'm not sure again haha
(#5)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha Send a message via Skype™ to kaustavsinha
Default 03-26-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
Thanks Kaustav :)
Hi BlueFlame, :)

You are most welcome! :)

Quote:
I like the second concept too... it just seems like the focus is pretty central, I dunno. I might try changing it up a little bit.
Well, it does not really matter much though, of the focal point being located at the center of the frame; it's a safe approach! But, if you could change it a-bit, towards either the left or right side of the frame then, the sketch would look more dynamic! :)

Quote:
I'm not sure what that is lol it was in my head so I painted it ^.^ when I was done I actually called the guy I was working with over and asked him what it was. He thinks its ice, I dunno lol I think the background is a sun behind some hazy clouds and the floor could be dense fog... I might have to rethink my choice, now I'm not sure again haha
Haha lol; that's a good invention you made btw! :D Your thought is heading in the correct direction; maybe you can add a few mountain ranges in the BG, to create some additional depth! :) You must also show proper light (near the BG) to shadow (towards the foreground region) gradient in your painting; currently, the painting looks a-bit flat due to the absence of any gradient & color variation!

Overall, I like the sketch; it has a-lot of potential in becoming a good-looking concept sketch and, also a Matte-Painting! :) Keep it up! :)

Kaustav Sinha
(Matte Painting Producer & Casting Director)

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net
(Founder/Administrator : CG Universe)

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"