MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > Training Resources
Reload this Page Mattepainting Tutorials
Training Resources DVD, Books...

(#11)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to Stas Lobachev Send a message via Skype™ to Stas Lobachev
Default 08-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Guys, this is my official tutorial. I hope it helps you.

http://cg.creativefan.com/using-ligh...stas-lobachev/

Thanks for reading.
PaintShop Pro tutorials?
(#12)
Old

Default PaintShop Pro tutorials? - 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM

Hello, I am new here and wondered if anyone might point me to a tutorial for a complete noob?

I have Jasc's (now Corel's) PaintShop Pro 7 (yup, pretty old but still quite versatile!) and have worked a little with some basic stuff but would like to know more about how I can use it to do matte painting. All the tutorials seem to be for PhotoShop.

Thank you,

Palantir.
(#13)
Old

Default 01-30-2011, 12:13 AM

Hi Palantir,
to be honest, you will struggle to find as much training and tutorials for paint shop pro, purely because photoshop is the industry standard for matte painting work. However, i used to use paint shop pro a few years ago, and i seem to remember that its pretty good and not too disimilar to photoshop. Still layer based painting, and you could get a long way using paint shop pro until you are ready to decide whether its worth investing in photoshop.

Hope it helps!
N

Digital Matte Painter // Forum Moderator
(#14)
Old

Default 01-30-2011, 03:25 AM

Photoshop has a set of tools that are tried and proven to enhance speed and workflow, plus I can access channels/ thresholds and suchlike quicker and faster than in paintshop pro. However for oils on glass straight matte painting and concept work it is a beautiful medium to work in. Several commercial artists that I know use the combination of the two to produce outstanding work.

Photoshop, is designed for print/colour and is more complex and scientific in nature. Paintshop pro is more of a artists tool. Both are fantastic at what they do. In fact there is one or two guys here that use it.

However as Nick quite rightly said due to Photoshop scientific nature and reputation it has become the industry standard so it has become more predominant in tutorials.

If you go to FZD Design on youtube his tutorials are done in photoshop however the same techniques cross over and his teaching style enable the paintshop pro artist to generate the same results.

Good luck and looking forward to your work.

Rich

Cheers Rich

HTML Code:
http://www.rockhoppervfx.luxipics.com/
(#15)
Old

Default 01-31-2011, 03:28 AM

Thank you for the responses - I will check that YouTube channel out!

I'm just trying this out because it interests me. I doubt I'll be too good at it. I have not the artist's eye ;)