HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > General Discussions
Reload this Page Dissertation help
General Discussions News, Chat ...

Dissertation help
(#1)
Old

Default Dissertation help - 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with my dissertation and final project. I am using Creative Skillset's VFX core skills handbook as a guide to developing my skills/knowledge within the field of digital matte painting.

My supervisor has asked me to find evidence that this handbook is useful to the student to develop their skills to be in line with what the VFX studios look for.

What I'm trying to find out is people's experience from moving from education to professional work, what kind of skills they developed at work and whether the practices differ from what you learned at university, so that i can, if possible, linked it in with what has been shown as skills/knowledge required from industry. This is specifically for digital matte painters.

Just to note, my school doesn't teach digital matte painting, but i have been determined from my first year to teach myself all i can - 2D, 2.5D and 3D environments, tracking and compositing. I am using the handbook as a guide to channel my efforts to what has been identified as core skills for graduates.

Thank you all in advance if you can help in this matter

Pinyo Gulashart
BSc Computer Animation
University of Portsmouth