MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Showcase > Sketch board
Reload this Page Kaustav Sinha's Concept Sketches!
Sketch board Quick Sketch, Original Digital Painting ...

Thank You Very Much!!
(#11)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha Send a message via Skype™ to kaustavsinha
Default Thank You Very Much!! - 03-25-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusultra View Post
this is awesome i really like that last one, great!
Hi Juan, :)

Thank you very much for the compliments; I'm glad that, you liked the sketch! :)

Quote:
what brushes do you use?
Well, I do use just the default 'Soft Round' & 'Chalk 36 pixels' brushes; I create all my Concept Sketches using the default PS Brushes only! :)

Quote:
and u might make a matte of this.
Sure! Am going to definitely create a Digital Matte-Painting of this concept sketch; will post it here at the MP, when it's done! :)

Kaustav Sinha
(Matte Painting Producer & Casting Director)

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net
(Founder/Administrator : CG Universe)

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"
(#12)
Old

Send a message via Yahoo to sreeaj
Default 03-28-2010, 07:45 PM

very nice:) I like the movement of the person in the picture
Thanks!
(#13)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha Send a message via Skype™ to kaustavsinha
Default Thanks! - 03-28-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeaj View Post
very nice:) I like the movement of the person in the picture
Hi sreeaj, :)

Thank you very much for the compliments; I'm glad that, you liked the sketch! :) I actually created the movement of the person, without keeping any reference in front of me; just created it from my mind! :)

Thanks!

Kaustav Sinha

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net

Last edited by kaustavsinha; 03-28-2010 at 11:14 PM..
(#14)
Old

Send a message via Yahoo to metalrahul Send a message via Skype™ to metalrahul
Default 03-28-2010, 11:44 PM

cool man.. very good effort there with all these sketches. I think if you could pay more attention to perspective and scale then you could make it even more better.

For example, in the last concept sketch, the man's scale is not right and from this perspective the angle we would see would be little bit different too.. I ain't master in perspective either but this is what I felt ;)

Comper / Matte Painter
rkvfx.com

my freaking blog
raysinblue.blogspot.com
Thanks!
(#15)
Old

Default Thanks! - 03-29-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrahul View Post
cool man.. very good effort there with all these sketches. I think if you could pay more attention to perspective and scale then you could make it even more better.

For example, in the last concept sketch, the man's scale is not right and from this perspective the angle we would see would be little bit different too.. I ain't master in perspective either but this is what I felt ;)
Hi metalrahul, :)

Thank you very much for the compliments; I'm glad that, you liked the sketch! :) Thanks for the critiques! I'll definitely work on the scale of the man, and his angle; I guess, by the scale, you'd like to see him getting smaller in size, as compared to the mountains?

PS : This Concept Sketch is still a WIP; I'll post an update of the sketch asap! :)

Thanks!

Kaustav Sinha

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net

Last edited by kaustavsinha; 03-29-2010 at 07:55 AM..
(#16)
Old

Send a message via Yahoo to metalrahul Send a message via Skype™ to metalrahul
Default 03-29-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavsinha View Post
I guess, by the scale, you'd like to see him getting smaller in size, as compared to the mountains?
Thanks!
Yes, that would be more convincing...

Comper / Matte Painter
rkvfx.com

my freaking blog
raysinblue.blogspot.com
(#17)
Old

Default 03-31-2010, 12:58 AM

Hi Kaustav,
New sketch looks good, glad to see you keep working on these.
To improve on this, try and use a wider colour range. At the moment, this all looks very monotone, with just varying values of one colour. If you study desert photos, you actually find a whole range of colours in there, like this:

Notice that there are different hues in even in just the sand / rock that is in the same light, but you also find cooler shadow tones, and the blue atmopsheric perspective permeating into the distant hills.

It would also help to create more variation in the layout of the terrain. At the moment it looks totally flat with rocks just sticking out, but if you make some natural undulations, hills and folds in the landscape it will seem more real. Very flat deserts do exist, but for the purpose of your work I would be tempted to make more interesting terrain. Some vegetation to ground it in reality would probably help too, and will enhance your scale.

Finally, try and use more confident and opaque brush strokes. Using opacity settings on your wacom is great for laying things, but can cause things to look a bit washed out. Try using harder brushstrokes and more hard edges, I think it will help a lot :)

Hope that helps, look forward to seeing more soon!

Nick

Digital Matte Painter // Forum Moderator
(#18)
Old

Default Thanks a-lot, Nick! :) - 04-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmarshallvfx View Post
Hi Kaustav,
New sketch looks good, glad to see you keep working on these.
Hi Nick, :)

Thanks very much for taking out time and, rendering your very precious Critiques; I'm glad, you liked the sketch! :)

Quote:
To improve on this, try and use a wider colour range. At the moment, this all looks very monotone, with just varying values of one colour. If you study desert photos, you actually find a whole range of colours in there, like this:

Notice that there are different hues in even in just the sand / rock that is in the same light, but you also find cooler shadow tones, and the blue atmopsheric perspective permeating into the distant hills.

It would also help to create more variation in the layout of the terrain. At the moment it looks totally flat with rocks just sticking out, but if you make some natural undulations, hills and folds in the landscape it will seem more real. Very flat deserts do exist, but for the purpose of your work I would be tempted to make more interesting terrain. Some vegetation to ground it in reality would probably help too, and will enhance your scale.
Thank you very much for these valuable & helpful suggestions; I'll definitely keep them in mind and, will apply them in the sketch! :)

Quote:
Finally, try and use more confident and opaque brush strokes. Using opacity settings on your wacom is great for laying things, but can cause things to look a bit washed out. Try using harder brushstrokes and more hard edges, I think it will help a lot :)
Sure! Will definitely start using harder brush-strokes and, will use opaque & hard-edged brushes; thanks for this wonderful suggestion, Nick! :)

Quote:
Hope that helps, look forward to seeing more soon!

Nick
Yeah, definitely; these were very helpful suggestions from you (as usual)! :) Will post more concept sketches asap! :)

Kaustav Sinha

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net

Last edited by kaustavsinha; 04-01-2010 at 12:40 PM..
(#19)
Old

Default 04-01-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrahul View Post
Yes, that would be more convincing...
Hi metalrahul, :)

Thanks for the reply; will post an updated Sketch asap! :)

Kaustav Sinha

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net

(#20)
Old

Default 04-03-2010, 12:57 AM

kaustav good to see your sketch thread,concepts are really cool......please update some more sketches asap.....