MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > General Discussions
Reload this Page some one dudes please help!
General Discussions News, Chat ...

some one dudes please help!
(#1)
Old

Send a message via MSN to john cave Send a message via Yahoo to john cave Send a message via Skype™ to john cave
Default some one dudes please help! - 03-03-2011, 02:24 PM

Hello everyone, my name is John Cave and i need help for some one dudes about the configuration in photoshop for make a matte painting, what is the best color mode and amounth about the bits? for tv and cinema?
what color profiles is the best for the match color, what point its strong recomendly care when we are working in a new project, i take a matte painting and this question never was response it for the instructor, and i want be a professional artist, can you helpme?

creativity + imagination & beyondŽ
John Cave
(#2)
Old

Send a message via Yahoo to metalrahul Send a message via Skype™ to metalrahul
Default 03-03-2011, 09:02 PM

I suggest you find some resources on Gamma correction, there are plenty available online. All these factors depends on what medium your final output will be, for example broadcast projects are always 8 bit while film should be minimum 16 bit.

If you are working on broadcast, you can stick to default srgb color space since it doesn't really affect much unless you are specific about HD Rec.709, in that case you may work on 16 bit just to save more information while converting your file to Rec.709 in your comp app.

I really recommend you dig as much as articles you can find regarding gamma correction and then you will have a better idea about this whole subject.

Here are two useful ones
http://alvyray.com/memos/9_gamma.pdf
http://www.poynton.com/notes/colour_.../GammaFAQ.html

Comper / Matte Painter
rkvfx.com

my freaking blog
raysinblue.blogspot.com
(#3)
Old

Send a message via MSN to john cave Send a message via Yahoo to john cave Send a message via Skype™ to john cave
Default 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM

metalrahul very very thanks, i am working in HDV/HDTV 720p/29.97 (1280 x 720 px) RGB in 8 bits its material for plasma screens, do you recomend someone color profile like standar in this case?, the matte painting it does not go compound with another material like video its just the matte painting material with animation made directly in psd and rendered like video ( you know select export and render video like H264, etc...) or its better en after or premiere for the render the image to video format?

creativity + imagination & beyondŽ
John Cave
(#4)
Old

Send a message via Yahoo to metalrahul Send a message via Skype™ to metalrahul
Default 03-17-2011, 09:33 PM

In most cases if you are working in 8 bit then standard sRGB color profile will be fine unless you are dealing with some HDR images and you wanted to go 16 bit with it.

If you have an option then it would be always wiser to render from a specialized video app like AE or Premiere.

I had posted a entry on my blog about these HDR workflow based on one of the discussion I had here in this forum. Check it out, you may find it useful....
http://raysinblue.blogspot.com/2011/...whites-in.html

Comper / Matte Painter
rkvfx.com

my freaking blog
raysinblue.blogspot.com