MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > General Discussions
Reload this Page I知 Creating a Gnomon Training DVD and MattePaintingForFilmmakers.com
General Discussions News, Chat ...

I知 Creating a Gnomon Training DVD and MattePaintingForFilmmakers.com
(#1)
Old

Default I知 Creating a Gnomon Training DVD and MattePaintingForFilmmakers.com - 10-11-2012, 12:03 AM

I want to let people know I am creating a Gnomon Training DVD on 摘nvironment Matte Painting. This Training DVD will demo some of the latest advanced Matte Painting techniques for the purpose of Matte Painting whole environments for feature film.

I think Gnomon has done a great job in featuring some great artists, helping bring the mysteries of Matte Painting out in the light. Like my buddy Chris Stoski who痴 Gnomon DVDs are still the best available on Matte Painting. I wanted to add to the Gnomon cannon with the newest tools Matte Painters are using such as Nuke, Mari and others.

Matte Painting for Filmmakers.com

My goal is to make this often misunderstood process of Matte Painting part of common knowledge and seen as an even wider solution for CG environments in feature film. I have started a new site called MattePaintingForFilmmakers.com to educate Production Companies, VFX Houses and Film Professionals on how film productions can benefit from the speed, efficiency and cost saving that a time proven Matte Painting Methodology can offer. The site is in a soft release now and I will start posting videos the closer to the time of the Gnomon DVD release in early 2013.

Come by www.MattePaintingforFilmmakers.com to sign up to to get notified when the videos are posted.

The DVD and the Website are both part of my campaign to further the understanding, use and appreciation of this artistic and technical marvel that is Matte Painting.

Thanks
Garrett Fry
(#2)
Old

Default 10-11-2012, 12:22 AM

Outstanding! Looking forward to seeing the DVD and more info on the site. Great work!

mattejourney.blogspot.com | mordecaidesign.com
(#3)
Old

Default 10-11-2012, 01:44 AM

I think they could be very interesting since they are applied to vfx companies workflow and pipeline. Great job i am looking forward to see them.
(#4)
Old

Default 10-11-2012, 02:33 AM

Its good that these matte painting and environment workflows will get a bit more exposure. It's hard to find people even in big studios who fully understand how matte painting works these days and what it can offer. Also the old idea of matte painting not being that versatile has definitely changed, and it will be good for that to be explained to people who may not understand the full matte painting pipeline. Will have to check out the site you mentioned, look forward to checking out the dvd once released.

Cheers,
N

Digital Matte Painter // Forum Moderator
(#5)
Old

Default 10-11-2012, 09:01 AM

That's terrific! I can't wait to see it. I hope you will talk about all the new tecn. and softwares used for matte paintings now a days by the industry like, such as nuke and mari.

Best regards,
Antonio Neto.